From time to time, vacancies occur on the parish council and we’re always interested to hear from people who want to make a difference to the lives of people in the village.
Whatever needs changing in Hertford Heath, you could be just the person to change it by becoming a parish councillor.
You may already be involved in local affairs and want to take the next step. Or you may be looking for a worthwhile and rewarding way to help your local community. Becoming a councillor is both a rewarding and privileged form of public service. You will be in a position to make a difference to the quality of other people’s daily lives and prospects.
As a councillor, you’d work in three main areas:
- Getting involved locally
This may include interesting activities including:
- Attending meetings of local organisations and groups.
- Attending meetings of bodies that affect the wider community, such as the police, the Highways Authority, schools and colleges.
- Taking up issues on behalf of members of the public that effect your local area.
- Running a surgery for residents to bring up issues.
- Communicating with individual residents.